CRITERIA OF MEMBERSHIP ELIGIBILITY
- Membership is voluntary for expatriate Filipinos and their families but it is not restricted to Filipinos alone.
- The membership fee is set at the Annual General Meeting (AGM) each year.The fee amount shall be determined by the WFA Committee with an approving recommendation of a significant quorum of the WFA financial members present at the meeting.
- Membership tenure is from AGM to AGM.
- The renewal of membership subscription levy must be made by payment in full by June 8.
- Cessation of membership occurs:
- with resignation
- non-payment of membership subscription levy
- or through significant breaches of the rules of the association by the member concerned.
- Free information, advice and guidance, mediation and support for new migrants and their families.
- Personal recommendation and assistance (references and letters of support)
- Eligibility for election participation and voting rights (restricted to WFA Financial Members only)
- Eligibility to be nominated and elected as WFA Executive Committee member (after one year WFA membership)
- Eligibility to be nominated and elected as WFA Officer (after one year WFA Executive Committee member)
- Participation in Hamilton City Council and other community celebrations: Christmas Parade, Waitangi Day, Indigo Festival and others.
- Discounted/ Free Admission-Entry fees to WFA regular/ annual social function events.
- Free participation in WFA hosted and/ or organized Programmes :
- Tagalog language courses (Pilipino Classes)
- Filipino cuisine
- Lessons in traditional cultural dances (e.g. Tinikling, Pandanggo sa Ilaw, etc)
- Health Sessions (e.g. Breast and Cervical Screening Programme for women)
- Safety Sessions (Fire Safety Sessions and similar)
- Discounted/ Free participation in Filipino community social sports’ activities - e.g .basketball, volleyball, ten pin bowling, badminton, darts, etc.
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to get started with your membership application.
WFA due to its charitable trust nature is dependent on members’ annual fees and small grants/ donations for its day-to-day existence/ funding, therefore, cannot provide outright monetary assistance to its members (ie. Bereavement, financial hardships, etc.)