Waikato Filipino Association is a social and cultural non-profit organisation based in and about Hamilton City. It was founded primarily to preserve and promote Filipino ideals, values, culture and tradition - especially song and dance among Filipinos and Filipino/Kiwi families.
We have participated in local community activities for the past few years and thus have a close cultural relationship with other cultural groups in the Waikato and New Zealand as a whole.
We also provide services such as:
- basic living skills (adaptation to new country, information to new settlers, migrants, WFA members and the Filipino community in the Waikato region)
- education in culture (cultural traditions, social cohesion, ethnic communication language skills)
- children's programmes
- language, arts and culture (training and dance performance/arts and culture)
- transmission (participation and inheritance of cultural identity)
- enrichment of community of Filipino culture, arts and performance
- language lessons (Tagalog).